“Mmm mmm good” is how I would describe this soup! It is so tasty, colourful and flavourful. It’s also vegan and perfect for Meatless Monday or you can make it ahead of time in a slow cooker 🍜
– 1-2 tbsp olive oil
– 4 cloves garlic, mimced
– 1 medium onion, chopped
– 4 stalks celery, chopped
– 1/2 tbsp ground cumin
– 1 tsp tumeric
-1 tsp cinnamon
– 1/2 tbsp cayenne pepper flakes (more or less to taste)
– 1 19oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
– 1 28oz can diced tomatoes
– small/medium bag frozen cauliflower florets
– 6 cups vegetable broth
– 1 cup lentils
1) Sauté onion and garlic in oil in a large pot over med-high heat. Once they are slightly softened add celery and sauté for several minutes.
2) Add in spices and cook for a few more minutes.
3) Add diced tomatoes, chickpeas and cauliflower and stir until well mixed.
4) Add the vegetable broth. Turn heat up to high and let boil. Then add the lentils. Stir and bring pot back to a boil. Once the pot is boiling, turn heat down to med-low and let simmer for 30 minutes, or until lentils are soft.
5) Remove from heat and serve!
Voila! There you have it….a nice, quick and healthy soup waiting to be gobbled up!
Recipe adapted from Budget Bytes