This recipe is full of veggies, fibre and protein – plus it`s vegan, perfect for Meatless Monday! Designed to keep you full and energized!
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper, for seasoning
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa (rinse before cooking)
- 2 cups low sodium vegetable broth or water
- ½ cup to ¾ cup uncooked lentils
- 1 – 15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Juice of 2 limes
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp chili powder or southwestern seasoning
- Avocado, cubed (to go on top of dish)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Toss cubed squash with olive oil, salt and pepper, and spread on a cookie sheet. Bake in oven for 30 minutes, or until squash is soft.
- Meanwhile, cook lentils in one pot and quinoa and broth (or water) in another. Bring quinoa to a boil and then lower the temperature to me-high and simmer for approximately 15 minutes. Cook lentils until soft, about 25 minutes.
- To make the salad combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and toss until mixed. Serve warm or chilled with avocado on top!
*Recipe adapted from My Fitness Pal blog*